Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Things

I had to write this post quickly this morning - even though I have3 to jump in the shower. I am in Waukegan, IL for training for a new job. My beautiful journey of being a stay at home mom is over and I am back to work, I enjoyed being a SAHM and while I will appreciate the freedom and individuality and financial security that comes with working I will especially miss all day jammie days and hours long snuggles.

As I flew across the country yesterday my heart was breaking. I tried not to be that stranger travelling alone who blubbered the entire flight and kept my tears in but through late flights and long lines at the car rental counter I missed my chance to Skype my babies last night and my heart broke a little more.

Please don't get me wrong, I know this is a great new opportunity for me and while wonderful those new things are often scary and make us stretch who we are to become better. I will become better, this I am sure, however, in the process I will miss my husband and my babies like nobody's business......

No comments:

Post a Comment